Thursday 30th June 2022
Saddler’s Hall, 40 Gutter Lane, London EC2V 6BR
From 2.20pm – 6pm (registration and coffee from 2-2.20pm)
Hear from expert barristers on a number of topical and important legal issues facing commercial litigators.
Speakers and topics:
- Daniel Warents and Emma Hughes: What does “entering into” a transaction at an undervalue mean?
- Heather Murphy: Can a claimant in a commercial case improve their position by seeking an account as opposed to a trial to quantify damages?
- Sarah Bayliss and Ben Waistell: Boss Babes and Bored Apes: How well does the civil fraud litigation toolbox perform in crypto asset fraud cases?
- Tom Stewart Coats and Alina Gerasimenko: Is proving foreign law simply a question of fact to be pleaded and proved by expert evidence?
- Bajul Shah and Kira King: What is the extent of a bank’s liability for breach of its Quincecare duty of care?
- Hugh Miall: In what circumstances will the Court strike out a claim which has been advanced by dishonest means?
- Edward Cumming QC and Harry Samuels: What opportunities and challenges do the new ESG disclosure regulations offer for securities litigation / investor class actions?
Chaired by Steven Thompson QC
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Online bookings are not available for this event.