- All the barristers at XXIV Old Buildings are sole practitioners registered with the Bar Standards Board (“BSB”) of England and Wales. They are all governed by the Code of Conduct of the Bar of England and Wales which is available in English on the BSB website.
- XXIV Old Buildings’ general terms and conditions on which it provides its services are set out in the XXIV Old Buildings Standard Contractual Terms.
- Each barrister at XXIV Old Buildings has professional liability insurance arranged through the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund Ltd: 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST. Territorial coverage is world-wide, subject to the terms of cover of the Bar Mutual.
- XXIV Old Buildings works hard to ensure that clients are wholly satisfied with the services they receive. However, in the event that you have a complaint, the complaints procedure is as follows:
- Initial complaints should be made promptly, by telephone or letter, to Elizabeth Weaver (Head of the Complaints Panel). If the complaint is against Miss Weaver, please address the complaint to either of our head of Chambers: Alan Steinfeld QC. They will arrange to investigate the complaint thoroughly, seek to resolve it as soon as possible and notify you of the result in accordance with our Complaints Procedure.
- If this does not result in a satisfactory solution, all barristers at XXIV Old Buildings are subject to a non-judicial dispute resolution procedure through the Legal Ombudsman. You can also call the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or send a letter to PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.