Heather has a rich and varied commercial chancery practice. Her core areas of practice are commercial disputes and private wealth litigation. She regularly appears in the High Court: both as sole counsel and as part of a team.
By drawing her court experience and the breadth her work, Heather is able to offer clients practical advice and solutions.
Her recent court hearings include
- (1) ILFC UK Ltd (2) AERCAP Ireland Ltd v Olympus Airways SA  EWHC 221 (Comm), Jan 2020, Heather successfully represented the Defendants in varying default judgment in respect of sums due under an aircraft lease.
- Times Travel (UK) Limited and Nottingham Travel Limited v Pakistan International Airlines Corp  12 WLUK 133 and  EWHC 209 (Ch) Heather successfully represented the travel agent claimants in an action for an account against their defendant principal, PIA, for remuneration due to the claimants.
- Pakistan International Airlines Corporation v Times Travel (UK) Limited  EWCA Civ 828. May 2019 Heather, led by Philip Shepherd QC, represented Times Travel in the leading case on lawful act economic duress. Permission to appeal granted by the Supreme Court on 5/2/2020
- Kerman v Akhmedova  EWCA Civ 307; February 2018. Heather, with Philip Shepherd QC, represented the appellant solicitor against a witness summons and disclosure order made in family proceedings.
In order to see further examples of Heather’s work, click below on the Areas of Experience
Areas of experience
- Chancery Bar Association
- Court of Protection Practitioners Association
- Court of Protection Bar Association (Treasurer)
As well as speaking at many of Chambers’ conferences, Heather also regularly gives independent talks on her areas of expertise including:
- The Lexis Nexis Commercial Law 2019 year review webinar discussing economic duress and the Disclosure Pilot
- Deputies Limited: the appointment of trust corporations and office holders as deputies
- The revised EU jurisdiction regime and implications for aviation claims
- Tricks and Traps in Wills
- Insolvent Estates and Insolvent Deaths
Contracting “as trustee”: insolvency, indemnities and priority  JIBFL 19
Contributor: Atkin’s Court Forms – Companies – General Vols 8(4), (5) and (6) 
Sovereign bond collective action clauses: issues arising: Stephen Moverley Smith QC and Heather Murphy:  2 JIBFL 128A
Academic history and scholarships
BA (Hons) Law: Downing College Cambridge
Lord Mansfield and Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn