Members of XXIV have been invited to speak at the flagship Transcontinental Trusts Conference 2017, which is taking place on 12-14 June 2017 in Geneva at the Grand Kempinski Hotel
Elspeth Talbot Rice QC will be the Chairwoman of the Day 1 Trans Trusts Litigation Summit and we also have our members Bajul Shah, Adam Cloherty and Edward Cumming who will be taking the stage that day.
Exposed! Trust Service Providers’ Liability for Breaches of Trust
- Can disgruntled beneficiaries reach through the trust and sue the trust service providers when things go wrong?
- Can trust service providers minimise that risk?
Adam Cloherty of XXIV Old Buildings will be speaking with Nicola Saccardo of Maisto E Associati and Philippe Pulfer of Walderwyss on:
Is Hague Proving Harmonious?
- 30 years on from its introduction in the UK, and a decade after its ratification in Switzerland, what has the Hague Convention achieved from common law and civil perspectives and what questions remain?
- Whose law is it anyway? How do recent decisions, such as Akers v Samba (Supreme Court) and Joint Administrators of Rangers FC, Noters (Court of Session), deal with trusts of foreign assets and other contentious issues?
- Has Hague harmonised? Are contracting states’ courts speaking with one voice? And does it matter?
Please see here for the full agenda.