The insolvency team is recommended by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 both as an insolvency chambers and for its individual insolvency barristers. Members have been involved in many of the major insolvencies of the past: BCCI, Barings, Barlow Clowes, British and Commonwealth Holdings and Maxwell; and are currently involved in the major insolvencies of today: Lehman Brothers, Bears Stearns and Madoff.
Members’ expertise is often called upon in relation to foreign insolvencies. Members have appeared in and advised on insolvency cases in the BVI (where members have also assisted in drafting the insolvency legislation), Cayman Islands and the Isle of Man.
Members are experienced in all aspects of insolvency law including:
- Administrative receivers
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Bankruptcy restriction orders
- Cross-border (including EC Regulation, the Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations and UNCITRAL model law)
- Directors’ disqualification
- S.423 applications
- Voluntary arrangements (corporate and individual)
- Winding up in the public interest
XXIV Old Buildings produces a quarterly Insolvency Bulletin. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please email email@example.com. Copies of the bulletins can also be found in our “Legal Updates” on the home page.